Thank you Michael of Kuched for having nominated me for an award.
I will answer his questions first, then nominate my list of people below along with my set of questions.
PS Michael has made me part of his morning routine. I am a ‘fix’ apparently. Hah. He also thinks I secretly rule the world…pfff. AS IF! Here is what he said about me:
My third nomination is Claudette (Writer of Words, Etc. Blog). Imbibing in Claudette’s daily “stuff”, one feels instantly at home with the antics of her domestic Life Bliss journal … and in wonder how this insightful writer juggles infinite things simultaneously.
I’m unconvinced Claudette doesn’t secretly rule the world, because she seems over-qualified, and occasionally, intent on straightening out society in a couple hundred words that can’t be ignored. Also, she is Funny. And, very Canadian. Good Things.
Anyway, here are his questions and my answers:
How do you like them apples?
Crunchy and in season (prior to December), often accompanied with a bit of artisanal cheese.
Ask permission or forgiveness?
Depends. I tend to be cautious and ask for permission first, but it depends…
If you had to guess an answer on a True or False test, which one would it be?
False (I’m a cynic and getting more cynical. Also mostly a pessimist…)
Which sense of the five is your keenest?
Although I wear contact lenses to correct my vision I feel like I have a keen sense of observing body language. It helps me to hear better (my hearing is not good) and I find that it is often a reliable method of seeing the truth more clearly than simply listening to words spoken by someone. This ability has increased since my kids have turned tween and teen aged…wonder why that as? It goes beyond mom-radar, intuition, gut instinct… I am a keen body language observer in public settings, especially when I lose track of the conversations going on around me.
Left or Right or Turn Back at a fork in the road?
Never back. Toward the sun, probably, I like to follow light.
Top 3 Go To Karaoke Songs you nail while driving alone in the car?
1) Bohemian Rhaspody – Queen (plus I taught it to my kids in the car when they were still preschoolers…)
2) One night love affair/Cuts like a Knife/Summer of 69 (tied) – Bryan Adams
3) Joey – Concrete Blonde (her voice sounds like crystal to me…)
Secret movie star or famous singer crush?
Andrew Lincoln (although not when he was in the movies (Love Actually), but rather as Rick Grimes ❤ on the Walking Dead. Swoon…
Finish this sentence (don’t answer chair like Neil did): “I am, I cried to no one there not even the ……”
If you be could be named after a color, which one would it be?
bold, grassy green
Last item on Your Bucket List?
Create a She-Shed just for me to go to write in whenever I like. It will have lots of natural light, heat and insulation, and no clutter. The door is double locked with a key and a combination lock and no one is allowed in there ever.
So there you go. More of my secrets revealed to the World Wide Web. 🙃
I hereby nominate the following people for a Special Blogger Award – and the questions are listed below. (There is no obligation to participate; the aim is to have fun, not feel stressed.)
Praying for Eyebowz I love reading this blog. The author is a Florida grandma who has amusing anecdotes to share based on her active and interesting life down in the Deep South. What’s more, she gets into all sorts of trouble and lives to tell us all about it. Like the time she was caught shoplifting… Recently, she went back to school to educate herself about ants, is married to a guy she named Studly, and if you picture her clad in leather gear riding a motorbike off into the sunset, it’s probably not far off her actual reality.
Swinged Cat I have virtually *met* Mark fairly recently and am enjoying his blog. He’s a former military brat (as they say) and, because he has moved a lot in his life, has an open-minded perspective which is quite suitable for blogging, if you ask me. 🙂 He taught me something about Widows & Orphans, and it’s about writing, not people…
Lightly Seared on the Reality Grill Paul is a Brit living in Belgium and he visits me here often. I really want to get to know you better, so if you’d like to participate, I’d be interested in your answers to my questions.
Today’s Perfect Moment I stumbled on Anthony’s blog sometime this year and discovered he is Canadian, like me (and Michael who nominated me). Anthony is an avid cyclist, and I think his blog is ingenious – he focuses on a perfect moment he experiences each day and writes about that. Kind of like being grateful or finding positives amid a slew of negatives…I need to find more perfect moments in my daily life.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you (as above )
- Answer the questions you are asked (if you’re comfortable doing so!)
- Create 10 questions for the bloggers you’ve nominated.
- Nominate at least 3 bloggers for the Special Blogger Award.
- Comment on your nominees most recent blog post to let them know you’ve nominated.
- Have fun!
Here are my questions for those of you I have nominated, if you wish to participate:
- Name the book you’re currently reading.
- What is the best/favorite time of day to write your blog posts?
- If money and time was no object, where you would you like to go on your next vacation?
- They’re planning to send some people to Mars. Putting aside all the complications involved with this trip, would it interest you to be a part of that group, and if so, why or why not?
- Name a tv show or movie you really didn’t like but were compelled to keep watching anyway, and explain why.
- Describe the most challenging part of a relationship (current or past). Could be with anyone (family, friend, professional etc.)
- Which politician today do you find most entertaining?
- What is the most irksome thing you’ve come across in recent days?
- If someone placed two bowls of nuts in front of you, one with shells and a nutcracker, one without shells, which bowl would you choose to eat?
- What’s the first word that pops into your mind when you hear the word Toronto?